Saturday 6 August 2011

Grungy Monday - Stamped Vellum

Something new to me this week - I don't really use vellum, it's not that I don't like it, I just never think of it when I'm planning my projects, so this week's Grungy Monday challenge from Linda at StudioL3 was a bit different! Using an example from Tim Holtz' blog from way back (2008 I think) I've created a panel (with no purpose other than to look pretty!!) with a distress inked background and pieces of stamped and inked vellum which I rolled the corners of before attaching:


I threw water at my background which I blotted and heated before adding a stamped IndigoBlu flourish in two corners, my current favourite stamp (the raven from IndigoBlu's Hocus Pocus plate) is stamped and then embossed in gold on a black card background - the words are also from that plate and the Harlequin stamp is also one of theirs. I had a cream coloured flower embellishment which had been sitting on my craft desk looking a bit sad and not really my kind of thing at all so I sprayed it with espresso colourwash and dabbed gold mica powder over it - now that's more like it!! Hope you're all enjoying the weekend! JulieD x

2 comments:

  1. Very soft colors, I love it! I like your layers, simple, elegant. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous panel Julie! I love your background & colours! Those corners look fab too! ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete