Monday 26 September 2011

Something Old, Something New ...

I've been thinking about what to post on my blog as I need something to keep me crafting and wanted a plan to work to - I started looking at some of my random creations from the last couple of years and some of my recent Indigo Blu creations. A plan started to form whereby I would blog something old and something from Indigo Blu each week when this old rhyme came into my head:

Something Old
Something New
Something Borrowed
Something Blue

So I've decided to blog something from each of these categories each week! Ambitious, I know, but it should keep me focussed. For Old I'll blog one of my existing creations; for New I'll blog, well, something I've just made; for Borrowed I'll blog either something I've done when I've attended a workshop, something inspired by someone else's work (eg a project featured in Craft Stamper) or my Grungy Monday submission (borrowed from Tim Holtz!!) and for Something Blue I'll post a picture of my Indigo Blu creations for that week!

What do you think?


Ok, today I'll start with Something Old - I had a box frame with a really dull picture in it which I bought a few years ago because the colours matched our dining room but really it was very uninspiring and I was going to throw it out. Instead, I turned it over and created this collage inside the frame using the Graphic 45 range 'Steampunk Debutante', a lick of gold paint and a few appropriate charms. I've had so many lovely comments about this from the customers at the Stamp Pad where I had it on display for a while and it is a fabulous way of showing off the papers in this pack - I used the same ones in the box in my very first blog post!

There is lots of inking, tearing and layering going on but it's a very straightforward project. Hope you like it!

Back tomorrow with Something New.

JulieD xx

No comments:

Post a Comment