Sunday 16 October 2011

Grungy Monday 22 - Halloween!

Welcome back Linda - I've missed Grungy Monday, my StudioL3 Tim Holtz inspired weekly challenge! I was pleased to have this challenge of creating a Halloween piece this week as I've recently bought  Halloween dies, embossing folders, stamps and the Kraft Resist so I needed an excuse to have a play with them - I'm not keen on trick or treat or 'nasty' side of Halloween but I love the colours and the imagery of ravens, cats, pumpkins, owls, spiders, bats etc etc! Anything dark and gothic and I'm happy! Here's what I came up with:


I attached a piece of gloss black card to a piece of greyboard, coloured the Kraft Resist with Spiced Marmalade and Dusty Concord Distress Stains then added a black ribbon. For the right hand corner panel, I used the back of a Fragments packet and embossed it with one of the Halloween Texture Fades then skimmed a Jet Black Staz-on pad over the top and attached with Glossy Accents. The tree is die cut from corrugated card - I tore the top layer off some of it to reveal the bumpy bits then coloured using Black Soot and Spiced Marmalade stains and a bit of black and purple glitter. The owl stamp doesn't show up too well on the photo but it looks good in the flesh - it's from the Haunted Mansion Stampers Anonymous set, stamped on gloss black card with a purple Encore inkpad and clear embossed. The poison labels on the tags are from the 6x6 sheets at the back of the Halloween Kraft Resist pad - I'd been waiting weeks for this pad - it didn't arrive with the stock order as it was out of stock at the supplier we use at work at The Stamp Pad so I was VERY excited when I turned up on Thursday and found it had arrived!! I think Gwen will be pleased as I can stop mithering every time I set foot through the door!!! The little metal spider web charm started off life in bronze but I attacked it with black alcohol ink to fit in with my piece. Hope you like it - lots more Halloween posts to come!  JulieD x

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous artwork, love the texture! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant piece here and I love it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Halloween piece, love the texture from the embossed panel and the corrugated tree!

    ReplyDelete