Monday 6 June 2011

Grungy Monday - Shabby Chic!

Better late than never - only a couple of hours before the next Grungy Monday challenge appears! I've changed my rules this week! Although the Grungy Monday challenge by Linda at Studio L3 uses a technique or product by Tim Holtz, participants are free to use whichever other products they wish, however, up to now I've tried to use all Stampers Anonymous stamps and Ideaology embellishments but this week a stash of IndigoBlu stamps have come into my possession and I've used the Alice 1 plate and the Harlequin background stamp to create this week's piece! Check out their website or my favourite craft shop (The Stamp Pad) for the whole range, there are some fabulous and really original images!  We were given the tried and trusted Shabby Chic technique on Grungy Monday this week, I went with a wall hanging:


I painted a piece of card with black acrylic, stamped the Mad Hatter image in versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder and the quote with white powder. I then painted over the whole piece with copper dabber paint and, when dry, rubbed back the embossed areas to expose the stamped images. I over-stamped with the Harlequin stamp, added some white dabber paint to the Hatter image and added my embellishments - I did wonder how I would use this teapot charm - perfect opportunity (I coloured it with copper alcohol ink mixative to coordinate better)!! I've also brought back the eyelets - I haven't used eyelets for years but felt they worked well on the bottom of this hanging. Enjoy! JulieD

1 comment:

  1. OOOh, Love what you've done with our IndigoBlu stamps. Thanks Julie.
    Love Kayxx

    ReplyDelete