Sunday 29 May 2011

Grungy Monday 8 - Brushless Watercolour

On the last minute again for the next installment of the Tim Holtz inspired Grungy Monday challenge which the lovely Linda over on Studio L3 has been organising for the last eight weeks! I've finally got round to sitting down to create this week's piece - I was worried that I wouldn't be able to manage this challenge as it involved Adirondack Dye Inks and I've only got two (Cranberry and Espresso) so I wasn't sure it would work but here it is:


It's quite feminine which is a first for me! The technique is to ink up the stamp with two or more colours of the dye ink and then spritz with water before stamping it. I like the blurry imperfect look this produces. The stamp is a Stamper's Anonymous one and the background paper is from Tim Holtz's Vintage Shabby pad which I've distressed with worn lipstick and brushed corduroy distress inks. I've added tissue tape to the outside of my stamped panel and added more of the Cranberry Adirondack ink with a sponge. The middle piece of card is inked up with various distress inks and a blending tool before flicking water at it and blotting with kitchen roll - I love that technique! I've added fragments using Glossy Accents then stuck Idea-ology nibs to them with Pinflair glue plus a coulpe of pieces of ribbon and a matching Idea-ology Accoutrement. Grungy and girly! Enjoy. JulieD  

3 comments:

  1. beautiful, liking the subtle colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pen nibs with the sentiment - fab piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is gorgeous!!! Julie, I love the colors and the clever design. The watercolor stamping looks awesome and the embellishments are awesome!

    You do grungy feminine really well, my dear, and that's an enviable skill! :-)

    ReplyDelete