Monday 14 November 2011

7 Gypsies Workshop Project

Thought I'd blog some projects I've created over the last year or two - this one was made a few months ago when Gwen asked me to come up with something to showcase the 7 Gypsies products we had in stock which customers were showing an interest in but weren't sure what to do with - once created I ran a workshop with it!





 It started out as a paperbag book but as I sat playing, I liked the look of it portrait rather than landscape and so after a few attempts at something a bit different I came up with this - no idea what you'd call it - a hanging pocket folder I think Gwen called it on the workshop list! The covers are pieces of greyboard which I've covered with 7 Gypsies papers then brushed melted wax from my meltpot at the top and over the collaged images - it sets really quickly so I remelted it several times with my heat tool until I was happy with the result and brushed gold mica powder over. The flower started life as a white paper rose which I sprayed with Espresso colourwash (Ranger) and brushed yet more mica onto! A few more embellishments and a length of chain and the file was finished - the bags are stuck together down the sides then the front is attached top of cover to top of bag and the back is stuck bottom to bottom so the back is higher than the front and the whole thing hangs forward when put on the wall (hence the bad third photo).  I've added decorated tags as an arty addition but it could be used for more practical purposes such as keeping notes, recipes etc in. Most of the elements I've included are 7 Gypsies - the ephemera pack, ATC elements, tags, keys and brads - all available from the Stamp Pad!

Hope you like it. JulieD

2 comments:

  1. Looks fab, whatever you call it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A Rose by any other name smells just as sweet"!!
    Great whatever it is called.
    Lynn (rusticus)

    ReplyDelete