Sunday 27 November 2011

Grungy Monday 28 - Winter Tag

Kept it simple this week - mostly as I've run out of time - after last week's efficiency too! Linda's challenge this week was to be inspired by Tim's metal pumpkin by embossing metal and playing with alcohol inks. Here's my creation:


I embossed a piece of copper foil with a snowflake embossing folder then pounced black alcohol ink onto it - the black shows as a purple colour on some backgrounds and I've worked with this by using purple elsewhere on the piece. I then sanded the top of the foil to expose the silver underneath. Three die cut grungeboard snowflakes coloured with purple, black and copper alcohol inks plus a few bits of ribbon and an old unloved scrapbooking sticker from years ago and I was done - just occasionally, I do believe less is more! Have a good week.

JulieD x

3 comments:

  1. Love the embossed foil, fab tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the metal on your project...beautiful colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossing and alcohol inks work so well here.

    ReplyDelete