Monday 5 December 2011

Tag 5 - Inspired By ...

Today I didn't have the colours of alcohol inks, the die or the stamp that Tim used on his fab tag but I've used the technique on my background and have been inspired so here goes:


I coloured my acetate tag with three colours of alcohol inks then stamped with a snowflake background stamp in Archival Black then removed by dabbing then rubbing gently until I'd removed the black - I consider myself to have learnt this technique from the expert as I saw Tim demonstrating it at Stitches earlier in the year and came home with a Facet which he'd demoed it on and backed with patterned paper - I actually wear it round my neck on a piece of ribbon as a pendant!! The grungeboard deer and snowflakes are from the Seasonal die cut grunge pack (which I forgot I had on the day we did a deer ...) which I've painted and distressed then added ribbons, fibres and a bell. I know it doesn't look like Tim's but I really enjoyed creating it! JulieD

3 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job, Julie! The background colors are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't matter that your tag doesn't look like Tim's Julie, it's fabulous!!! I bet your tags all look gorgeous on display! I still have last year's hanging from tinsel in the window of my craft room! Lol! They are great inspiration. This year's tags will also be going up ;o)
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think enjoying creating it rather than it looking like the original is the point of the exercise, isn' it?! Looks fab, love the snowflake pattern!

    ReplyDelete