Monday 14 May 2012

Sewing Mends The Soul (Apparently...)

I can't believe I've not blogged for so long - been poorly and very busy - lots going on including doing samples for IndigoBlu and prep for some workshops I'm running - starting with Art Journaling part 1 this Saturday! I thought I'd post some pictures of the samples I did for the last IndigoBlu Create and Craft show plus this picture of hilarity at the Stamp Pad last weekend...


Kay came up to the shop to do a Demo Day which was a big success and we had a great day - for those of you who don't recognise her from the telly, Kay's the one on the left with my great friend (and boss...) Gwen in the middle and me on the right! Kay was demoing lots of her stamps, FlitterGlu, MegaFlakes and the new buttons and ribbons pack - all available here.

These are the samples I did for the 'Sewing Mends The Soul' plate of stamps for Kay's April show - I absolutely love these images but in the real world, I'm useless with a needle and thread! As for previous posts, apologies for the photography...


This is my favourite IndigoBlu stamp yet - I have a thing about corsets (not sure if I'm supposed to admit to that...) and this is a beautiful image. It's stamped in black Staz-On on the silver card and stamped in FlitterGlu with silver flake on the black card. I've also stamped and silver embossed the tape measure image as a border with thimbles down the middle - add a black feather and ooh la la - Burlesque!


These two were a bit rushed - hence the uneven stamping (as a gay crafting friend of mine once said as we compared the wonkiness of our creations, - "straight's overrated..."!) Very simple inked background, clear embossed cotton reels on the black card and a lovely button. Done.


Another quickie this one - I used the thimble stamp as a frame and added faux stitching with a Micron Pen then added a gilded quote - I love this quote even though I wouldn't swap my hubby for the world (well most of the time ...)

Hope you like them - enjoy your week! JulieD

2 comments:

  1. Fun cards, love the repeat thimble as a background on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creations Julie, enjoying seeing you blossom ♥

    ReplyDelete