Sunday 20 May 2012

Thingamebob!

Thought I'd post a little altered mini tray which I created for an altered thingamebob swap on UKStampers and entered into this week's challenge on Simon Says Stamp and Show - anything goes was the theme! It started life on the counter at The Stamp Pad filled with charms. Once we'd sold all the charms, Gwen passed the little box on - she knows I collect all manner of junk! It's been in my stash ever since just waiting for an opportunity like this.


I painted the tray with gold Inka Gold then filled each compartment with something different - a feather; embossing powders and mica flakes; stamping (with black StazOn); Ferro with a charm embedded and mica flakes; scraps of patterned paper; crushed glass glitter; tiny beads and more charms! I smudged black StazOn on the edges too and decided that it needed a little stand so I painted and added a touch of gold embossing to a mini easel. Enjoy! JulieD

2 comments:

  1. OMW Julie....you altered tray is JUST STELLAR.....love all your details!!

    Thanks BUNCHES for playing along with this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Julie,just LOVE all the glitter xx

    ReplyDelete