Sunday 10 July 2011

Grungy Monday 14

This week our Tim Holtz inspired challenge on the StudioL3 website was to make our own mica powder/ink sprays and using paint as a resist create a masterpiece! Here's what I came up with:


I stamped the IndigoBlu Harlequin image on an eight inch square of greyboard with Snow Cap Dabber paint four times to cover the piece, then sprayed three colours of homemade mica spray randomly onto the panel - quite feminine colours for me! The stamped images are all also IndigoBlu from the two Alice in Wonderland plates - I have coloured the tissue tape with Copper Dabber paint and inked over the embossed images with distress inks in shades a little darker than the ones used in my sprays. The central image is stamped onto a piece of corrugated card which I've torn some of the top layer off and inked with Fired Brick Distress Ink. It makes a nice change from all the Christmas cards and other items I've been creating this week for the Christmas In July Demonstration days we have had at The Stamp Pad over the last few days! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. JulieD x

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely! The colours are fabulous. I have a real weakness for Alice so that makes this even more special for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't go wrong with Alice, and you did a spectacular job using those images with the GM14 technique! The colors are lovely (you ROCKED those feminine shades, in fact!) and the piece has a dreamy feel that's perfect for Wonderland!

    ReplyDelete