Saturday 16 July 2011

It's not even Sunday Night ...

Hi, here's my Grungy Monday entry for this week and it's not even Sunday night - my usual rushed GM time!! I actually created this on Tuesday but didn't get round to blogging it! Our Tim Holtz inspired challenge this week was to create a background using a distress ink to cover the background then embossing the whole surface with clear embossing powder. Here's my attempt:


I've used Wild Honey to cover the tag with a straight to paper swipe from the pad then embossed and gone over the tag with Walnut Stain - again straight from the pad. I quickly rubbed this with kitchen towel - that's it, a very quick and easy background - the man's a genius isn't he?? I've used the technique he describes in the same blog post of inking up a stamp with a variety of colours and again clear embossing - this gorgeous stamp is from the IndigoBlu plate, Hocus Pocus - I've used Fired Brick, Walnut Stain and Wild Honey to ink up the stamp and then used foam to blend over the top of the image after it's been embossed - simple resist. Hope you like it! JulieD

1 comment: